General Gun Discussion > Rifles and Shotguns

I have some questions

<< < (2/5) > >>

joep19934:
I have a Marlin 336 Lever Action in 35mm in my Rifle collection  ;D
I couldn't pass up the price on it, $100 with a nice scope, strap and bag.
My older brother lost interest in it a long time ago.
I love the Rifle & took my first and last 8 point deer with it in the Catskills when I lived up in NY.
Ammo for it is pricey these days so I don't shoot it much.
If you're looking for something to shoot at the Range or to Hunt with have a look at this --> Savage® Arms AXIS II XP Bolt-Action Rifle and Weaver® 3-9x40 Scope Package
http://www.cabelas.com/product/SAVAGE-AXIS-II-XP-W-WEAVER-SCOPE-RIFLE/1849999.uts
I would suggest .308 caliber but there is a few listed. Chris may even have one or can get it for you.
I would watch out for hard to find and pricey ammo unless you have money to blow.

FreakShow:
i'm looking for a lever action. i love the old nostalgic look of those rifles

Just Bill:
Really....35MM(1.38"), that must kick like a pair of mules.

Not sure about lefty lever guns, check w/chris.  There are several that make lefty bolt guns.  IMHO, 30-30 is a bit powerful for defense.  Far too likely to go thru and do other damage.  For home defense, a nice short barrel shotgun in pump(that sound of the action racking will scare anyone away).  With a step or two smaller than 00 buck, little chance of missing in close quarters.

FreakShow:
i have 3 different 9mm's and a 45, plus a 380 for home defense. Plus in my truck i keep a bond arms snake slayer that shoots 410 shotgun shells. I keep PDX and 000 buck in it, so if anyone got to close, they're not walking away.

joep19934:

--- Quote from: Just Bill on January 18, 2018, 11:53:16 AM ---Really....35MM(1.38"), that must kick like a pair of mules.

Not sure about lefty lever guns, check w/chris.  There are several that make lefty bolt guns.  IMHO, 30-30 is a bit powerful for defense.  Far too likely to go thru and do other damage.  For home defense, a nice short barrel shotgun in pump(that sound of the action racking will scare anyone away).  With a step or two smaller than 00 buck, little chance of missing in close quarters.

--- End quote ---
Ooops my bad 35 Remington  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version