Firearms and Equipment Reviews > Firearms Related Equipment Reviews

Portable Gun Safe

<< < (5/5)

Cbmarine:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on March 24, 2015, 01:28:14 PM ---Jack44,
I'm riding in a pickup truck with no trunk to lock the gun in. The gun is not loaded.  If stopped in MD., no one knows whether I'm going thru MD on my way home or to another state, but me.

--- End quote ---
Your rationale presumes a rational LEO.  IIRC, the guy from Florida who was stopped by the MTA just north of Baltimore was presumed guilty from the get-go.  On any trip that I take that is not a direct trans-MD route with proveable origination and destination points, I'm leaving my equipment at home.

oldgraygeek:
Under Federal law, there is a "right" to transport unloaded, cased firearms through every state.
In MD and NJ, we cannot count on the local or state police respecting that "right..." especially if we are not on a major highway driving non-stop from outside the state to somewhere else outside the state.
If we are caught with a firearm in our vehicle while we are on a secondary road, stopped at a restaurant, visiting with friends, or shopping at a store, we can expect to be arrested, charged with crimes, and to have our firearm(s) confiscated.
In NJ, hollow-point ammunition is a separate crime (even for off-duty traveling LEO's)... in both NJ and MD, there are magazine size restrictions...

I know people who say having self-defense capability is worth such a risk.
To each their own... but I know people who have been in the NJ State Penitentiary, and I'd rather be dead than locked up in there (and I wouldn't last a week in there anyway). Even when I was an Atlantic City cabdriver on the night shift, I didn't carry a gun.

Clarence:
In Maryland the only in state carry that you would be legal would be on way to range. Unloaded and cased or in a holster.    Out for a Sunday drive does not cut it.

Lots of folks in northern Delaware do go to North East state Forrest to shoot and I have never heard of anyone having a problem. 

The Magazine law in Maryland does not apply to posession. 

New Jersey is another story

Adrenolin:
I'll be traveling to VA every other month with my son to see his grandparents and MD scares me to be honest. I do secure unloaded in the rear with firearms in one safe and ammo in a separate lockbox. I imagine I'll get more comfortable after a few trips but still dislike traveling through the state.

Unfortunately they also live north in New Jersey as well! I'll even remove the spare mag from the glove box due to the HPs and they're BS laws and behaviors up there.

topper:

To each their own... but I know people who have been in the NJ State Penitentiary, and I'd rather be dead than locked up in there (and I wouldn't last a week in there anyway).
[/quote]

I agree. I'm to good looking!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version