Classified > Scam warning area

IRS scam

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sinker:
It's a numbers game, I'm sure.  99.9% of the population won't fall for the scam, but they only need one.  Unfortunately, it's most likely the elderly that will fall for it. 

My mom is 85 and pretty savvy, but no matter what I say she almost always answers the phone, even when the caller ID says 'unavailable' or 'unknown caller.'  She then tries to have a conversation with the caller explaining why she's not interested in whatever they're selling; or in this case scolding them for trying to scam an old lady. 

SturmRugerSR9:
All of my land line calls go to a answering machine that request you to leave a massage. I may be sitting right next to the phone, but if you leave a message and I recognize you, I will pick up, if not I ignore the call. In most cases the caller does not leave a message and is cut off. I also have an old style flip cell phone that shows the caller. If I can tell who is calling I will answer, if not I don't and will later check the caller's number on the computer at Whitepages.com to see who it was, in most cases it's a scammer.

joep19934:
I love Comcast caller I.D. on the TV  ;D
If the caller decides not leave a message or I don't recognize it, ( Goggle comes up spam or scam on lookup ) it gets added to the block call list lol......

topper:

--- Quote from: CorBon on September 27, 2016, 11:02:47 PM ---Talking to these people is a waste of time.  Asking to be removed from their list is a waste of time.  These folks are already breaking the law, so they are not interested in your wishes.

--- End quote ---

I believe if they suspect I'm on to them, they aren't going to waste their time on me. I did expect at least a little resistance.  They called twice yesterday. They haven't called back today since our little talk.

NormH3:
My elderly father got a call from them. When he told them that he was retired from the IRS, they hung up rather quickly. Karma is good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version