Classified > Scam warning area

IRS scam

<< < (4/5) > >>

CorBon:

--- Quote from: topper on September 28, 2016, 09:15:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: CorBon on September 27, 2016, 11:02:47 PM ---Talking to these people is a waste of time.  Asking to be removed from their list is a waste of time.  These folks are already breaking the law, so they are not interested in your wishes.

--- End quote ---

I believe if they suspect I'm on to them, they aren't going to waste their time on me. I did expect at least a little resistance.  They called twice yesterday. They haven't called back today since our little talk.

--- End quote ---
They only call so many times, because there are so many people to call.  If you don't talk to them, meaning that you don't answer the phone -- they still go away.  And if you get a call the next day, it's very likely a different person, from a different operation in a different location.  There are tons of these people, all using the same methods.  They can't be bothered to think that someone is on to them, because we can't find them -- because they're not shacked up at the local strip mall.

TwistedKarma:
     On another note,   IRS, letter of change of address.
This is sent out, to new and old address if you change it.

So, 2 copies by their website, if they only change something brilliant.   

Correct?

So, I only received one copy that my address is changed.

This means, someone, changed it, and filling a fake Tax return, hoping to get back money.

I heard this is the latest scam. pay attention to change of address forms.   like I have enough issues .   

del elec:
http://abc27.com/2016/10/06/dozens-arrested-at-india-call-center-linked-to-irs-scam-calls/?cid=facebook_abc27_News

SturmRugerSR9:
Some times just for s**ts and giggles, when I know the caller is a scam, I answer the phone stating the name of a phony Law Firm. They hang up quick.

oldgraygeek:
My cell phone number has been in the Yellow Pages since 2005, so I get business-to-business telemarketers too... several calls per day at times.
AT&T cell service has a new feature where you can block and report any number with a few taps on the screen. I do it, even though I know reporting them doesn't do much good, just to avoid the next call from that specific number.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version